Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Hobby!!! ;)


Well, I started a new hobby this weekend!!! Like I needed another thing to spend my time and money on!!! ;) I've been wanting to try and make my own bracelets for a really long time. So this weekend I finally made the trip to Hobby Lobby and got the supplies. I really didn't know where to start so I just studied a bracelet that my friend Mandey gave to me. This really helped me a lot. It gave me an idea on where to place the charm and how many crimp beads to use.
For this bracelet I just wanted a fun random pattern. So after every third colored bead I placed a silver bead. I think it turned out really cute and I can't wait to make another one!!!
P.S. The colors look a little funny in the pic, but they really do go well together!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I REALLY LIKE IT! I DON'T HAVE PATIENCE TO TRY AND STRING SMALL BEADS......I WOULD GO NUTS! GREAT JOB!

Nancy said...

Beautiful! Wanna make me one???!! LOL!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Ooohh, such a cute bracelet! That's darn good for your first try! You're a pro already!

Pam Speidel said...

This is something I've always wanted to try too Jami! Now you can teach me! :) Like we need another hobby,huh? :) Did you take a pic of the one you gave me today? It's SO pretty and I'm sure everyone would want to see.
Thanks again! LYB

Anonymous said...

VERY cute!!

Michele Kovack said...

JAmi,

That is so funny that you posted this cuz I make jewelry too! I made a necklace about a week ago and was gonna post it and never did! I made my mama's bracelets and lots of others! IT is fun...but I usually only create in the summer when I have more time! This turned out great!!

Shanismom said...

very cute bracelet. i've always wanted to learn how to make bracelets.