Friday, May 18, 2007

Grandma's Scrapbook

This is a scrapbook that I started for my Grandma awhile ago. It was part of her thank-you gift for helping with the planning of our wedding. I didn't have time to finish it before the "Big Day", but she loved what I had completed so far. She loved seeing the old pictures of her and my Grandpa especially since he passed away in 2003. Well, I've decided that it is LONG past due to finish this for her, so I've started working on it again. This is my first and only scrapbook that I've tried to do. My scrapping isn't the best and I would love any suggestions that you have to offer!

This scrapbook is of old black and white pictures that are of my Grandparents when they first started dating, their wedding picture, pictures of their kids when they were younger, etc. I have plans to scrap other pictures from their first years of marriage, 35th wedding anniversary, and 50th wedding anniversary.

The page that I just completed today is of my Mom and my Uncle Roger. They made big news when they were born because they were the first set of twins to ever be born in that hospital! My Grandma still had the newspaper clipping of the story that was published. I scanned the actual clipping and included that in the page. If you read the newspaper clipping and thought that their was a miss print about the ages of my other three uncles you are wrong! ;) My Grandma had five kids in four years and three of those kids in one year!!! Yep that's right she had the twins when my uncle Jerry was only ten months old!!! Another funny tid-bit is that my uncle Jerry was born on my uncle Ken's birthday. So out of five kids only my uncle Alvin had his own birthday which is July 4th!!! I've asked my Grandma if it was hard to raise that many children when they were so close in age... She said that she didn't have any problems and loved being a mother! Personally I don't know how she did it!!!
These are pics of pages that I had already completed. Thanks for looking!!!







6 comments:

Melanie said...

Jami- I think your scrapbooking is very nice. You really focus on the pictures to tell your stories. Nice Job.

Pam Speidel said...

I'm SO glad you're working on it again! :) Those photos are SO wonderful and deserve to be scrapbooked! I still can't get over your grandma having all her children so close in age. WOW! What a woman! :)

doverdi said...

Great job! Thanks for sharing. I know that your Grandma will love this as it comes from your heart. The pics are great. Thanks for sharing.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just so touching! What a beautiful keepsake. . .and you said you weren't a good scrapper. I think you're wrong! :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is awesome! What a great rememberance!

Sharon in NE said...

Something your family will always cherish. I love how you treated each page. The photo is the center of attention but the colors and other elements you used provide just enough drama and interest. Beautiful work Jami.

I have a huge box of pics you can come over and do when you're done. I live three doors down from your husband's old home. Thanks. :P