Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Beading Tutorial

Well as requested here it is... If you have any questions please let me know! Also, If you have any tips or suggestions please feel free to post them! I'm a beginner myself! I hope that this helps you out!!! Thanks so much for looking!!! (I'll be back to cards tomorrow! ;)


Supplies needed: Needle nose pliers, Cutting pliers, Jewelery wire, crimp beads, Hook of some kind, Charm, Jump hoop if needed for charm, and desired beads.








Cut the desired length of jewelry wire with the cutting pliers. (This one is about 10.5 inches) String the bar part of the clasp onto the wire, leave about one inch of wire on the end.






Slide on two crimp beads so that they cover both pieces of the wire.










Making sure that the crimp beads are close to the bar, crimp them using the needle nose pliers.









If your charm doesn't have a jump hoop on it, place one on it. Use the pliers to separate the hoop and to squeeze it back together once the jump hoop is on the charm.






Slide on your first bead (this keeps the charm in place) and then slide on your charm.









String on the beads in the desired pattern and to the desired length.








When the desired length is reached, string on two crimp beads and the other part of the clasp.







Lace the end of the wire back through the crimp beads and about the first 3/4 - 1" of the other beads. (After I have the end laced through, I check the length. If the bracelet is too long or short you can take the wire back out and add or remove beads as needed.)





After the wire is pulled through crimp the last two beads with the needle nosed pliers.







After you crimp the beads take the cutting pliers and cut off the exposed wire.







That's all there is to it! Now you try it!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing! Now if I could only pick the beads I want!

Michele Kovack said...

You are tagged my bead making friend!

Pam Speidel said...

AWESOME tutorial Jami girl! I think just maybe I can do it now...with your help! I think I'm going bead shopping tomorrow! LOL :)

BarbK said...

Very nice tutorial, Jami, and easy to follow. I may try a bracelet, too. Thanks for the tag, too! I'll be posting answers later today.

Anonymous said...

New to your blog and it is awesome. Love the tutorial and it is easy to follow. Thanks for sharing.

Amie said...

Great work! I used to love making jewelry...this may get me back into it. =)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I'm going to have to try this out when I get home from vacation! How fun!

Swamp Tulip said...

Absolutely gorgeous piece and wonderful tutorial.

Thank you!

Teresa

Pattyjo said...

I don't want to make you feel stress or anything like that honest!

MORE! MORE!