Saturday, May 05, 2007

FYI- Going to the Ranch!

Well it's 1:30 in the morning!!! What am I doing up so late??? Well our friends just left... we usually get together Friday nights for dinner and a friendly game of poker! We use to go out together on Friday nights for dinner and drinks, but then we realized how expensive that was!!! We decided that we could make dinner for half the price and have ten times more fun at home! That's how "Poker Club" got started! ;) It's not really a club it's just Andy, myself and our friends Jon and Mandey. We take turns hosting. Everyone puts in $5 and we play until the end. I'm not very good at all. I'm still learning how to play. But, tonight I was holding my own for awhile. I came so close to winning, but finally just went "all in". Maybe next time...

Sorry I didn't post anything today! I was too busy playing with my blog! I added a guest book, music, and tetris (this is for my own enjoyment ;)! So please scroll down and sign!!! I won't be posting anything this weekend either. We are going to my family's ranch to help brand cattle!

Every spring we have to brand the calves that were born during February and March. It's a lot of work, but friends and neighbors always help out so it goes fairly quick. I usually stay in the house with my Grandma and help cook. We're planning on at least twenty people, so we'll have plenty of food to make! I am hoping to get out and take some pics of the branding to share with you all. This year we are not using a cattle shoot to brand. We are branding the "old fashioned" way. The guys are going to "wrestle" the calves to the ground, hold them there, and then brand them. This might sound cruel to some of you, but it's how it's done. Trust me... the calves are fine afterwords. Plus during branding they receive shots to keep them healthy and protect them from common diseases. So... if you want to see pictures of REAL cowboys and a REAL ranch check back on Sunday or Monday! Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

BarbK said...

Sounds like a great weekend coming up! Have fun and I look forward to some pics next week.

Michele Kovack said...

You are definitely a country girl! I am from Chicago...but I want to tell you my son found an abandoned bunny. We called the vet and a local nature center, noone could help us! Any advice?