Friday, April 20, 2007

My Apologies...


Sorry, I haven't posted since Monday!!! That's really bad!

This has just been such a crazy week. I had a huge presentation due on Wednesday. I had to plan a five day thematic unit. The unit had to cover nine different learning areas each day, and I had to provide examples of graphic organizers, rubrics, and art projects that I would do. I also had to write lesson plans for each day. I tried to combine a lot of different learning areas together (ex. reading & social studies), but I still ended up writing 22 lesson plans!!! So that's what I have been doing along with all of my other end of semester papers, projects, etc.

I do have to admit that last night I wasn't working on homework. My friend Mandey and I went and played BINGO!!! Okay, Okay, I know what your thinking... But, it really was a lot of fun!! Plus I won $20!!! I plan on using this cash to order extra goodies tonight at our Stampin' Up workshop. We have a group that gets together every 4-6 weeks and have a workshop. We all just take turns hosting. This works out quite well!

Okay, back to stamping... After seeing these cute little boxes on Charmaine's blog, I decided to try one. It really was easy once I figured out how to fold the paper! I also changed the ribbon a little bit. The original tutorial said to punch two holes in the back and then lace the ribbon through them and tie it in the front. I couldn't get the ribbon to stay where I wanted it so I punched two more holes in the front of the box and then tied the ribbon through all four holes. I like how this works out because it really holds the box shut.


All supplies are SU's: Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, corner rounder, white embossing powder, white gel pen, Bold Butterfly, In Any Event, & Little Pieces

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry i left my comment in the wrong post. this is very cute! i had the same issue with the ribbon.

Michele Kovack said...

Cute, cute, cute! Haven't tried these boxes yet! I too am going stampin on Sunday, we rotate on who is being hostess!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE your box! The colors and wonderful! Wow, you have been busy at school! Good for you! Enjoy your workshop tonight!

Pam Speidel said...

This box is such a cute little design...and I love how you embossed the image and flowers too! I'm glad you got your presentation done so you have more time to stamp! :)

Shanismom said...

this is a really cute box.