Friday, April 06, 2007

Live, Love, Laugh




Here is my first attempt at doodling. Okay, I have to admit that I have been practicing a little in class lately! You should see the margins of my notebook and power point slides!!!;)


I started out with Creamy Caramel card stock and then doodled on that with a white gel pen. I then took my Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, and Chocolate Chip ink pads and "smeared" them on my card stock. I then blended the colors together with my fingers. My hands were so "inky" when I was finished! I think that this technique gives the card stock depth and makes it look almost leather-like. I then punched my Basic Grey pp and Pretty in Pink card stock with my new spiral punch. Finally, I doodled the sentiment added some ribbon and an over sized brad. The card's different, but I think I like it.

7 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

You are very talented!! I started scrapbooking about a year ago and I seem to not be motivated enough. I will try to incorporate some of your designs into my pages. Keep it up!

Michele Kovack said...

Adorable...I'm definitely doodling challenged! Great card!

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...the darker tones are quite dramatic!

Pam Speidel said...

WoW! You continue to amaze me with your unique ideas! Very creative and fantastic card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE it! Your doodling is awesome! I can't doodle! Love all the colors of the card too! Fantastic!

Unknown said...

I wish I could doodle like that! Absolutely adorable!

Sharon in NE said...

I recently BOUGHT stamps that look like your doodling. If I could do that, I could have saved myself some money! (What would my husband think if he knew I bought stamps because I can't doodle...)