Monday, January 14, 2008

A Little Western Flair!

A few days ago my mom asked me to make a card for her to give to her boyfriend. As soon as she asked me I knew exactly what I was going to use to create my 'masterpiece'! ;) If you are a regular reader of my blog you will remember that my family is full of cowgirls and cowboys! (with the exception of me! ;)

I used the Wanted collection of dp and die cuts from Cosmo Cricket. Isn't it perfect for a western card? I made this card 5x7 so that it would fit the large square die cut that is around my sentiment. I really pondered on this card and wanted to get it "just right"! I ended up using four different patterns of paper, plus the layered cardstock base, and all of those die cuts too! I'm satisfied with the way that it turned out, but I'm still thinking that it could still use a little more embellishment. What do you think?

Well I have LOTS of homework to work on today. Hopefully, I'll have time to finish my Pay it Forward gifts later this afternoon!
Thanks for stopping by!
HUGS!!!

Supplies: SU's!- So Saffron (cardstock), Chocolate Chip (cardstock and ink), and Happy Harmony stamp set, DP and die cuts from Cosmo Cricket's Wanted Collection, clear embossing powder, brad, and paper clip.

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is wonderful, love the papers and color combo.

Debbie said...

Super card....love all of the DP!! I think you did an awesome job and would leave it as is....I know I would be delighted to receive a card like this being the cowgirl I am!!

Pam Speidel said...

Awesome cowboy card Jami! I totally love those patterned papers and how everything coordinates so well. It's perfect as it is, but if you want to add something, I would suggest a piece of twine or linen thread tied onto your circle clip. (like a lasso??) LoL :)

Alex said...

I think this card is fabulous Jami - right up my alley! I LOVE anything western, and you did a superb job portraying it! Love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Crestajune said...

Very cool card. You pulled off the western theme wonderfully! I like it a lot!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE it Jami! Love that western flair! Yee haw! LOL

Michele Kovack said...

This turned out great!!! Love that Cosmo Cricket paper!

Pooka said...

You did a great job with this. Reminds me a bit of growing up. :D

Anonymous said...

Love your card, love your blog, and I live in NE too! Are you in Lincoln?? Our youngest son is going to UNL...
We are in Beatrice. . . I just love your creations!
dinobomp@aol.com