Wednesday, January 02, 2008

simplify

Hello friends! I hope you have enjoyed the 2nd day in 2008! Can you believe it? Where does the time go? I spent the 2nd day in '08 packing away Christmas decorations and Christmas trees. I love having my Christmas trees up, but I'm always ready to take them down after the 1st and regain "space" in our home again. So while I was taking down all of our decorations I decided that I needed to "simplify" our home. Not only pack away the holiday stuff but also get rid of the junk, stuff, stored items, knick-knacks, or whatever else you want to call them, and make room for the stuff that we really love and want to look at. I'm very sentimental, so this is going to be a challenge for me to "edit" the stuff in our home. But it's one of my resolutions so I know I can do it. I'm going to join Flylady again, hopefully that will help keep me motivated to let go of all of the stuff I just have stored away in boxes and totes. (If you haven't heard of Flylady go check her out!)
So in honor of my New Year resolution I made this simple card. It seriously took me two minutes tops to make this card, and most of that time was spent picking out the stamp and ink color! I know it's nothing special, but I like the simplicity of it! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!!! HUGS!!!

Supplies: (all from SU!) Whisper White cardstock, Rose Red & Basic Black ink, Paint Print stamp set. Sentiment was printed on my PC

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a pretty card, love the single layer cards

Michele Kovack said...

I am in that mode too! I just got rid of a bunch of my old Christmas things while putting it away. STuff I had when I first got married and now looks like it has had better days. I love the clean look of this card!

Alex said...

That is a great card - very simple and pretty! I think that is a resolution that we should all adopt - LOL! Happy New Year! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love it, Jami! So clean and simple! I hear ya on the clutter, etc! I find that I have to let go a little having 3 kids. . .the toys and "kid clutter" is ENDLESS, and my normal self would be in an institution by now! LOL I keep trying Flylady myself, but fall behind. Maybe I'll give it a try again. . .thanks for the inspiration!