Thursday, January 03, 2008

Another simple card

This is a simple little card that I whipped up today to send to some friends that are going on vacation with us in March. Did I tell you we were going to Hawaii to visit my DH's sister?

We bought our plane tickets clear back in August because they were SO cheap. We were really excited that we got such a great deal! But our excitement was short lived because about a month and a half ago we got an e-mail from the airline saying that our flights were cancelled and that we needed to book new flights! Ugh!!!
We were really frustrated because we knew we wouldn't be able to find tickets for that price again!
Well, it must have been our lucky day when our friend was scoping out prices and found tickets on the same days that we were originally flying on, with better departure and arrival times, and a $100 cheaper than our first ones!!! How lucky are we?!!! Of course he snagged those up fast, and we officially were going to Hawaii again! Yea!!!
Anyways, I had to mail our friends the money for our tickets today since he was the one that purchased them on-line. So I thought that it would be fun to put the check in a festive card. Hence the palm trees and the "vacation" stamp.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to make a card that isn't quite so simple! ;)
Thanks for stopping by! HUGS!!!

Supplies: Palm tree dollar stamp from Michael's, "vacation" stamp from Clearly Wordsworth, prisma color pencils, and Whisper White & Wild Wasabi cardstock from SU!

6 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

What an awesome card Jami - love it! Oh, how I envy you, I just love Hawaii and was lucky enough to be stationed there for three years. I left there kickin' and screamin' I tell ya!! I hope you all have a wonderful time! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a cute card, love these Palm Trees. How wonderful that you were able to get a better deal.

Mandey Koehler said...

So jealous that you get to go someplace warm!!

Anonymous said...

cool card... can't wait for you guys to come vists. we're going to have a blast!

My Paper World said...

This is so cute! I have that stamp, I havent used mine yet, I love what you did with yours!