Saturday, January 12, 2008

My least favorite type of card to make :(

Sympathy cards are by far my least favorite type of card to make (for obvious reasons). However, I feel that they are also one of the most important types of cards that a stamper ever makes. And quite possibly the most appreciated card that someone receives.

My friend Mandey called me this morning and told me that the father of one of our friends passed away. He was fighting a long hard battle with cancer that ended last night. I have only known this friend for a few years. However, Mandey has been best friends with her since pre-school and is taking it quite hard. So please go over to her blog and give her a cyber-hug!

Well this isn't exactly what I was planning on stamping today, but I wanted to get this card sent right away. Hopefully I'll have more time to stamp later this afternoon.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
HUGS!!!

Supplies: From SU!: So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Bordering Blue, Garden Collage, Best Blossoms, Word Window Punch. Other supplies: clear embossing powder, Staz-on, Versa Mark, Marvy Punches, brass brad, ribbon from Michaels, Prisma Color Pencils.

4 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

This is an especially beautiful sympathy card Jami and it will mean a lot to them. I'm so sorry to hear the news and will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Crestajune said...

This is beautiful and well done. These are never easy to make, but you have really done an exceptional job on this one.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors!

Pooka said...

You did a wonderful job with this card -- sweet and elegant. I hate making sympathy cards, too, but homemade cards seem to at least bring a much-needed smile to someone grieving.