Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Red, White, & Blue!!!

I thought that I should post a patriotic card to go along with my patriotic blog! (My blog transformation for the 4th of July isn't quite complete yet, but hopefully soon!)
My fabulous MIL surprised me with this American stamp, 4th of July stamp, and pp from Achievers! Isn't she the best?! She also surprised me with other stamps, paper, and ribbon! I swear she got more stuff for me then she did herself!

Last Saturday my friend Mandey and I hit up a "stamping" garage sale! I swear it was like walking into a Stampin' Up store! I ended up buying a bag of wheels (21 to be exact) for $20!!! What a deal! I always wanted to try the wheels, but always found something else in the catalog to spend my money on! When I told my MIL about this great deal, she gave me her wheel handle, another wheel, and two ink cartridges for the wheels! She also stopped by this garage sale later in the day and picked up three SU stamp sets for me and my friend Mandey! I'm tellin' ya' she is soooooo generous!!!
I used one of these wheels to create the star background on the red cardstock. It's really subtle, but it was just what the card needed. I also used a glitter pen to color in the stars and white stripes on the stamp! Thanks for looking! Happy stamping!

8 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I love this card! How did you get the sides to be a different color?

Pam Speidel said...

GREAT card Jami! You know why I like to buy stamps for you...because you make the coolest cards and you inspire me! :)
Love the blog patriotic blog makeover too! God Bless America!

Swamp Tulip said...

What a great card. You are such an inspiration.

Teresa

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wow, that's a great deal! Love your patriotic theme! Your card is just wonderful! And, yes, you do have a great MIL! :)

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Your card is awesome! I managed to snag that stamp too...hadn't used it yet tho. Your blog is looking super too.....dont' forget that next Thursday, June 14th, is Flag Day!! Did you see the picture of my new flag pole??? Have a great weekend.....it was wonderful hearing from you.

kathy said...

What a great card Jami

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Hi Jami! I got my AWESOME bracelet today! It fits perfectly! I just LOVE it! Thanks, also for the card you sent. . .it was so cute! I'm wearing my bracelet right now! I just love it! :)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

What a great card! Love that stamp!
~Angie