Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A new rut!!!

Okay, so I've finally moved on from that fun pink and green pp that I was using for all of my Christmas cards, but now I've found a new layout that I can't seem to get away from! But that's okay right? Every "great artist" falls in a rut, look at Picasso and his Blue Period! ;)

Supplies for this card include: Rose Red paper, Wild Wasabi paper and ink, pp from DCWV Christmas Glitter Stack, glitter embossing powder, SU stamp set Perfect Presentation, some SU punches, and my Coluzzle.

Thanks to all who posted words of encouragement yesterday!

Yesterday morning I found out that a young man from my hometown was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was younger than me, but his older brother was in my graduating class. In the past two years four young people, from my little hometown of less than 600 people, have been killed in a tragic way. This includes my little sister's best friend who was only 15 when she was killed in a car accident. So anyways, thinking about all this tragedy with the combination of end of the semester stress just brought me down. And of course my DH is traveling for work right now, so that didn't help! But thanks to all of you, today is looking brighter! Thanks for listening! HUGS!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is a great layout! I need to try it too. Great job. I don't have a coluzzle and ususally avoid circles but we'll see.

Thanks for the great card!

Diane Noble said...

Lovely card, Jami! I love the layout too. And once you find one that works for you, you can mass produce. So no rut at all! Love the curve effect on the bottom half.

Glad you're doing better today! Morning helps!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So glad to see you're having time to stamp and post! I've missed you! :) Another beautiful card!

Michele Kovack said...

This is the cutest card! I am so sorry to hear about the tragedy. How awful!