Monday, July 09, 2007

"Blacker" (blog slacker)

Have you ever wondered where all those little made-up words that are used in our blog world come from? Like, who thought up the word "blurffing" (blog surfing)?

Well, I have decided that they are probably just normal bloggers like myself. So I've created a new word to explain my latest "disappearing act" from my blog! ;) I've created the word "blacker" a combination of the words blog and slacker, because that is exactly what I've been lately. A blog slacker!!! (Well, at least I think I've created this word. Maybe someone else has already thought of it!)

A "blacker" is a person who temporally abandons their blog for various lengths of time through fault or no fault of their own!!!

You may have been wondering what I've been up to lately, since I haven't been blogging at all!!! Well, If you've read any of my previous posts you will know that we were remodeling one of our bathrooms. It was a mad rush to get it finished before our friends arrived, but we did get the job done in time!!! The plumber finished the toilet and other misc plumbing things the day before our friends got here. And, Andy actually hung the shower rod, towel hooks, shelves, etc. in the morning just hours before our friends arrived. Our friends would of totally understood if it wasn't quite finished, but I had it in my mind that the job MUST be done! This included all of the decorations! After all that's the most fun part of the remodel right?! Well, the bathroom looks great and I'll hopefully post pics of it tomorrow.

While our friends were here we were busy all the time! We went to the firework show that my friend Mandey's dad just happens to be the pyrotech for the organization that puts it on. So, we get to sit front row in the VIP section. The fireworks are at Skyview Lake here in town, and they estimate that around 30,000 people attend the show. When you look around the lake it is solid people!!! This is why VIP seats are so great!!!

The next night we went to our local country radio stations concert. This year they had Eric Church, Tracy Lawrence, and Phil Vassar. The concert is outside and the have sitting and standing sections. The guys opted to bring their lawn chairs and sit during the concert. But, Mandey, Gretchen, and I prefer to be in the "pit" up by the stage! It's really crowded and crazy, but so much fun!!!

The day after the concert we went camping, and wouldn't you know it stormed on us! Oh-well we still had fun. The following day we celebrated my birthday and then the day after that was the 4th of course! I thought after the 4th I would be able to do some stamping, but Andy ended up catching some sort of flu bug so I ended up cleaning bathrooms and washing sheets! Fun huh! :/

Well that pretty much catches us up to date! Here are a few pics for you enjoyment! Hope to be posting card pics soon! (If you actually read through this entire ramble you're a trooper!!!) HUGS!!!!

First pic is of the "fire balls" when these go off you can really feel the heat!












Here's Eric, Tracy, and Phil. The last pic is of Mandey, Gretchen, and I. I have no clue who the people are behind us! Guess they wanted to be in the pic too!!!



6 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

You have been VERY busy! Looks like you had a great time! What fun!

Pam Speidel said...

You BLACKER you!! :) Great word Jami! So glad you're back to blogging and I enjoyed the pix. The one of you girls is great, but who is the goof behind you? :)
I hope you get to stamp a little this week!

Michele Kovack said...

I missed you! I kept checking your blog and you weren't there! So glad you had a great time! I can't wait to see your bathroom pics....that sounded kinda wierd!

Mandey Koehler said...

We had a blast didn't we?!

Sharon in NE said...

Nice pics of the fireworks! Yes, we were one of the 30,000+ sitting in the unimportant peoples' seats. Oh well....still loved it!!!

kathy said...

Looks like you have been very busy. I am glad all is well. I got a little worried when you didnt post in so long. glad you are back