Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fun with new paper!


I had a total weak moment today and found myself at Hobby Lobby! I'm so bad!

Well, I ended up in the pp aisle (they just happened to have their pp 50% off)and spotted some new DCWV paper (well at least I haven't seen it until now). It's called "Nana's Kids" (with glitter & embossing). There are so many cute prints in this collection that are perfect for kids cards and scrap pages! I was already tempted to get this paper because I knew how many awesome cards I could make for my niece and nephews with it, but I was trying to tell myself "no"!

But then I spotted some pp in this pack that I knew that I NEEDED! I need to send a very special blog friend a very special thank you and knew that this certain pp would be just the thing I needed to make this card! That's when it happened... The pp jumped right off the shelf and landed right in my cart! Hey... if this pp wanted to go home with me that bad, who was I to leave it at the store? ;)

I made two cards with my new paper this afternoon. This birthday card I thought I would send to my nephew for his 2nd b-day on 8/2. This card is pretty straight forward. The only "tricky" thing that I did was punch out little holes in the scalloped oval and then layered it on another scalloped oval. Then I used my glitter pen to fill in the little circles.

The other card that I made is the one that I'm sending to one of my blog friends. I really wanted to post it, but decided not to ruin the surprise for her. Because if I posted the card it would be obvious who the recipient is! Guess you'll just have to take my word that it turned out cute! I'll post a pic of it after she gets it in the mail.

Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Just jumped in the cart eh? LOL. The PP really is very cute! Great job on the card also!
Kim

Alhambra Club said...

The card is adorable, know what you mean about paper jumping into your cart, I think the put magnets in the paper packs at night and the cards just draw them in.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Don't you hate when those things at the craft store start jumping off the shelves and into your basket? I have that problem too! LOL That birthday card is just darling! And PERFECT for a 2 year old! How sweet! You'll have to put it in a scrapbook for him so he'll always have it! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jami,
There is definitely room for you to join my swap! I will add you to the list right now.
Thanks for joining and can't wait to see what you come up with.
Kim

Michele Kovack said...

What a cute card!

Swamp Tulip said...

Love your new paper and your card is ADORABLE!

Teresa

Pam Speidel said...

Would you believe I haven't been to HL yet this week?!! You had to tell me they had 50% off paper...now I will have to go there tomorrow! GREAT card Jami! Perfect paper for your nephew's bday. :)

Shanismom said...

very cute card and pp.

Unknown said...

Jami, you have been nominated for a very pink!!! Rockin Girl Award!!!! lol

kathy said...

very cute card. you are a funny but then i tell my hubby things just end up in my cart...lol

Sharon in NE said...

I LOVE that paper too!!! Great card!