Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Fall!


Can you believe it? Finally...a new post! ;)

Well,I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Mine is ending too soon. I wish I could have just one more day to hang around the house before I have to start another week of work and school! Yuck!!!

But, I can't complain too much. Even though my weekend feels too short I have enjoyed it. Yesterday I got to do something that I haven't done in quite some time. I got together with my MIL and stamped. It was great! I'm so very lucky to have such a great MIL that just so happens to share the same hobby as me.

To make this card I used my new Coluzzle that I just got from my Stampin' Up party. I'm not for sure how I came up with the idea that the oval template looked like a pumpkin, but I think it turned out cute. To make the lines on the pumpkin I cut out strips of pp and glued them on. Then my MIL sewed over them with her cute little sewing machine that she loves so much. I dressed up the background by using SU's Weathered background stamp. And then I finished it off with some linen thread and a tag.

Well, thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

YAY!!! Jami finally found some time to stamp it up! I love how you think outside the box and this card is proof of that! It is a true, one-of-a-kind original and turned out super CUTE!
The weekends are never long enough, but I enjoy them while they last! Have a GREAT week Jami! lyb

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous card, Jami! Bet you had a fun time stamping with your MIL!

BarbK said...

Jami, that pumpkin is too cute. Love the card. It must be terrific to get to stamp with Pam.

Tanis said...

Oh this is cute! So simple, but so great. Glad you had time to make this!

Michele Kovack said...

This is adorable!!! How is school going?