Monday, September 24, 2007

Two years ago, today...

"As the trees burst into color, and the autumn season arrives, we pledge our faith, our love, our lives..."

This was the phrase we used on our wedding invitations that we sent out over two years ago! And I have to admit that this phrase still brings tears to my eyes! I'm such a softy!!! But don't you just love it???!!!

Since it is our anniversary today, and I haven't had time for any stamping lately, I thought that I would share some wedding pics with you!

We had a full out fall wedding! Fri st I was dead set on having a summer wedding, but when my older sister found out that she was expecting her third child the end of July we had to move our date back a few months. And I'm so glad that we did! I loved our fall theme! We used tons of leaf garland, potted mums, and lots and lots of pumpkins! The Wednesday before our wedding my whole family (mom, grandma, sisters, niece, nephews, etc.)went out to a local pumpkin patch and picked over 30 pumpkins! We also went on a hay rack ride, went through the corn maze, down a zip line, and did lots of other fall stuff! It was so much fun!

Well, instead of rambling on, and I definitely could, I'll just give you a few of my favorite "wedding stats" and let you look at the pictures!

Thanks for going down memory lane with me!

Date- September 24, 2005
Time- 7:00p.m.
First Dance Song- At Last, Etta James
Scripture Reading- I Corinthians 13
Bride's Jewelry- My Grandmas wedding jewelery that my Grandpa gave to her on their wedding day, October 25, 1950.
Honeymoon location- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
* Andy made our "S" cake topper out of wood! Everyone thought I was crazy when I told them that I wanted a wood cake topper, but I think it turned out great and went well with our fall theme! Plus I get to display it in our house without it looking too "weddingish"!
* At the end of the ceremony, when we were leaving the church, we released 50 balloons in memory of my Grandpa and other loved ones that couldn't be there.















8 comments:

Donna Baker said...

congratulations, Jami...you were a beautiful bride~!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a GORGEOUS couple, Jami! Happy Anniversary and wishing you many more wonderful years together!

Pam Speidel said...

Happy Anniversary to a VERY special couple! :) I loved reliving this BEAUTIFUL day by viewing the photos again. You were a radiant bride and Andy was so handsome in that tux. I loved the autumn theme and you planned it all so perfectly!

kathy said...

Happy Anniversary Jami. What a beautiful couple you two are. Love all the pictures.

Sharon in NE said...

Happy Anniversary Jami! I love these pictures.

I can see why you fell in love with this man (besides his WONDERFUL mom!). Those "swimming pool blue" eyes!

I love the picture of you and Andy dancing and the flower girl and ringbearer dancing. The little flower girl's "painted" toes are peaking out from under her dress.

What a gorgeous wedding!

Michele Kovack said...

HAppy Anniversary! What a beautiful couple you two make! Pictures are gorgeous....may you grow old together!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!!!
What fabulous pics! Congrats, just a little late...:) Many wishes for lots of love and happiness for years to come!
~Angie

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave a comment on how lovely your photos are! Fall is my absolute favorite season and your choice of colors/theme is beautiful.
Liz